Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Disney or bust

So, we have just a few more days until we leave for Disney and boy, do we need the vacation!
My birthday was last Friday and of course the state of Georgia likes to reward people for having a birthday by making them pay for their car tag - and along with that, emissions. The emissions place has been a yearly event for me and my 1996 Nissan Maxima. The check engine light has been on in my car for years and every year, I do what I can to get it turned off just long enough to pass and then within hours, the light is back on. This year, Bunky and I took the car in and paid over $500 only for the light to never come off - ARGH! So, we take the car to Nissan and they diagnose the problem as something with the computer system - and it is only $1300!! I don't think my car is worth that! Anyway, we may have a few tricks up our sleeves and if Bunky finds a steady career, a new used car will have to be a priority!

We are leaving for Disney in 3 days...I have never been to Disney at Halloween, but I heard it should be fun. Hannah is dressing up as Jasmine from Aladdin and Hayden is Buzz Lightyear! The costumes are cute and I think it will be fun for them to be dressed up to see the characters. I will be sure to take lots of pictures!

I will be missing 3 days of work, but it will be worth it so we can hang with the Robbins and give us all the break we need! Also, that week, I have my Teacher of the Year luncheon. I am excited that Bunky and my parents will be there to celebrate with me - although this year I feel far from the teacher I was last year....things have been really busy and I am having a difficult time getting everything accomplished the way I want it to be done....and to think that I did it all while getting my masters last year....not sure how?!

If I do not get a chance to wrote again before Disney, I am sure I will have plenty to talk about when I get back - Have a great week!

No comments: