Monday, December 22, 2008

A Christmas Story Moment


We made our annual trek to see Santa with just a few days to spare. The kids were excited. We took Hayden to get a haircut right before and then when we entered the store, I had to pick up a sweater for him to wear. We went to the Belks in Canton...I know, it is not the mall, but I think the picture came out great and we were the second in line and could see him at our leisure. If you know me, the stress of making my kids smile right with people waiting for us to move just makes me break out into a sweat, so visiting this man, who was at Michael's last year, is a perfect fit for the Robbins.
All day, Hannah and Hayden knew that we would be visiting him that evening, so they talked about what they would ask him for. Hayden was going to ask for a dinosaur (very random, but do-able) and Hannah wanted to ask for a Wii. The kids were great - walked right up and climbed on his knee. Hayden was checking him out while Hannah was ready for her big moment...... but......nothing! She could not think of anything to ask for. I think he asked her if she wanted a doll. I saw her shake her head yes, but I was laughing so hard inside because I knew she was drawing a BLANK! Hayden told him he wanted a dinosaur, they took a few pictures, gave him a high five and each left with a lolli-pop.

As soon as they left his knee and started walking towards us, Hayden started telling us he wanted his dinosaur. Apparently, he was under the impression that you walk up, tell the big man what you wanted and then he would hand it to you RIGHT THEN.

Well, after it was all over, Hannah was satisfied with the fact that she had written to Santa already that she wanted a Wii, so she wasn't too stressed that she forgot what to say. Then we headed home.

No comments: