Monday, December 8, 2008

Getting Closer to Christmas

Whew! These past couple of weeks have flown by and are wearing us out! Last night, our neighbors called and I was so embarrased when they asked if I was sleeping...and it was only 8:30! It feels pretty typical since the time has changed that we are falling asleep wherever we stand around that time each night, but as the calendar fills up and more and more events are getting started, we will have to "wake up" so we can enjoy all the fun of the Christmas season.


We have decorated the house and will be getting our tree this weekend. Hannah is dying to get one and Bunky has been holding us off in hopes of having a tree that lasts until the new year. I will be sure to post pictures of the prefect Robbins Family Christmas Tree! This year, I have to set aside ornaments that once belonged to my brother since he now has a family of his own and will have a tree once again. I stole my parents ornaments years ago when they stopped putting up trees. For many years, they collected Hallmark ornaments and I remember when mom would visit the Hallmark store every year right after Christmas. They are still some of my favorites and I think it is so cool that Hannah enjoys recalling which ones we purchased/received the previous year.


We finished our Christmas cards already and will be mailing those out in the next day or so. I am excited at how they turned out and of course, had to use the pictures that Darby took for us in the fall. She rocks!


Only 17 more days until the big day and with lots of work still left to do, we will hopefully be able to slow down, enjoy the season, remember the reason and soak it all in.



Peace!

No comments: